Ethics and Transparency
“Real Solutions to Real Problems”
1.We rank No.1 in the legislature for ethics, but currently the Governor’s Office ranks dead last in transparency and
ethics among the 50 United States.
2.The public has been denied access to public documents under Jindal’s “deliberative process”.
3. Major state contracts are being given to Jindal campaign contributors.
4. Governor refuses to make schedule public and spends most of his time out of state.
1. Issue an executive order to implement ethics and transparency in the Governor’s Office, doing away with the “deliberative process” that was created by Governor Jindal.
2. Make public salaries of appointed and unclassified positions within the Governor’s Office.
3. Put “Sunshine” into the contract bidding process.
4. Begin a comprehensive Review of the Inspector General’s office, and put him to work completing an extensive review of all contracts bid out during the Jindal administration.
5. Publish the Governor’s schedule.
*Platform information was formulated by meeting with representatives from the following agencies/groups or receiving
information from the following sites:
■The Sunshine Review -http://sunshinereview.org
■ Blue Print Louisiana -http://blueprintlouisiana.org
■ Louisiana Association of Business and Industry- www.labi.org
■ Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana - http://www.clear.lsu.edu
■ The Louisiana Division of Administration - http://wwwprd.doa.louisiana.gov
■ Louisiana.Gov - http://louisiana.gov/
*I would like to give a special thanks to Senator Adley, who has worked hard to bring “Sunshine” back to the state of Louisiana.