Issues in Government
“Real Solutions to Real Problems”
- 2012 - 19.4% budget shortfall of $1.6 billion - projected deficit will be
the same for fiscal year 2013 according to the National Center on Budget and
- Administration’s privatization scheme, to include the privatization of
prisons and healthcare, is trending toward less effective government at the cost
of taxpayers and state workers.
- State Contracts are written for and bid out to Campaign Contributors.
- Reduction in state workforce and the “Do more with less” initiative does not
include Unclassified Positions within the Governor’s Office.
- Stop the reckless pursuit of privatization without clear validation it will
benefit the citizens of this State.
- Require fiscal responsibility for the excess use of One-Time Money for
Recurring Expenses through a 2/3 vote.
- Review budget cuts to all departments receiving discretionary funding, to
include a review of all Federal Funding and programs eligible for matching
- Reduce State Workforce through Attrition of non-essential personnel, not
across the board layoffs.
- Comprehensive review of all contracts awarded by the Administration, to
include rebidding the Tarnished $340 Million DHH Medicaid Contract and reversing
the Sale of the Office of Group Benefits (should it continue).
- Comprehensive review of unclassified positions within the Governor’s
* Platform information was formulated by meeting with representatives for the
following agencies or receiving information from the following sites:
1. Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana - http://www.clear.lsu.edu/
2. The Louisiana Division of Administration - http://wwwprd.doa.louisiana.gov
3. Louisiana.Gov - http://louisiana.gov/
4. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities - http://www.cbpp.org/cms/
5. The U.S. Dept. of Labor - Bureau of Labor and Statistics- http://www.bls.gov/